We usually associate the term camo hats with the military but it can also have your back as you go hunting or golfing. The special prints foster easy movement through the forest undetected by your prey. Though you can go hunting or golfing sans any camouflage gear, it can significantly enhance your chances of success by being used effectively. The types of camouflage used depends on the environment you will be using it in whereas while hunting, the type of animal hunted is an important factor determining the camouflage type. Today we are going to take a look at the various types of camouflage hats that can have your back at the upcoming hunting or golfing session.
5 Different Types of Camo Hats for Golf & Hunting
- Mimicry camouflage hat
- Marpat camouflage hat
- Breakup camouflage hat
- 3D camouflage hat
- Multicam camouflage hat
1. Mimicry camouflage hat
This type of camouflage comes with prints of large leaves and sticks on the fabric. The main aim of this camouflage is to properly replicate the environment where you are hunting. However, the mimicry camouflage hat can only be used for a limited timeframe as the golden yellow leaves on your cap might attract unrequired attention amongst the barren trees. Areas having relatively stable weather such as the Southeastern United States is the best place for trying out mimicry camouflage hat.
2. Marpat camouflage hat
MARPAT or marine patterns is one of the most commonly used types of camouflage. You can use it in forest or woodland environments alongside other camouflage patterns such as break up. The digital camo look offered by MARPAT can stand out even in the dead of winter.
3. Breakup camouflage hat
This is the most common type that flashes across our minds whenever we think of camouflage. Just as the name suggests, this type of camouflage can break up your appearance so that you can blend in with specific areas of the environment. It can serve as your best ally on the upcoming hunting trip. A breakup camouflage hat will ensure that the deer won’t be able to make you out as it scans the forest. It is ideal for hunting in the Rockies and New England where the forest changes its look from month to month.
4. 3D camouflage hat
3D camouflage hats allow tucking a few leafy twigs into the hat band so that you can stay hidden but mobile at the same time. It is best to keep your 3D camo fairly subtle and light as going overboard can hamper your movability.
5. Multicam camouflage hat
By taking a cue from its nomenclature, Multicam camo hats can be used in diverse situations and areas. It is ideal for seasonal transitions and comes in different patterns such as tropic, alpine, arid, and more that can emulate an environment having more than one-dimensional foilage or terrains. A popular example of the Multicam pattern is the woodland breakup blended with light patches of snow camo. Multicam can be your best if you are planning a hunting trip to tropical locations.
Tips to buy the best hat for hunting and golfing:
- Getting your camo hat with a waterproof lining can act as an added plus if you are going hunting or golfing in wet and cold weather. The ones made from synthetic fabrics offer excellent waterproofing qualities. You can also get cotton camo hats with a wax coating which can prevent water from getting in.
- If you are planning on going golfing or hunting during the warm and humid weather, then it becomes imperative to get a hat made from breathable fabric. Cotton ranks highest in terms of breathability. Synthetic waterproof materials are infamous for trapping heat and sweat thus adding to your discomfort quotient.
- Often hats are sold with matching facemasks which can keep your nose and lip buffered from various weather elements. Getting facemasks in camo prints can hide your face from an approaching animal.
- Visibility is an important area of consideration when buying a golf hat. While it is important to get a hat that offers adequate shade to prevent sunburn, it is also necessary to ensure that the shade doesn’t block your vision of the forest or golf course.
Even when your camouflage is brilliant, you will not get any one design that works well in all scenarios. This is why it is advisable to buy multiple sets which shall yield the best results while hunting in different areas.
Latest posts by Cheryl Carter (see all)
- 6 Pros and Cons of Buying Lingerie for Your Partner - January 31, 2023
- Choosing the Right Wedding Dress Styles for Short Brides (Under 5 Feet) - October 19, 2022
- What Earrings are Hypoallergenic? Buying Tips for Sensitive Ears - September 21, 2022