Bollywood films are always larger than life, right from the dramatic storyline to the fashionable couture everything is mesmerizing about Bollywood. We all know Bollywood and fashion go hand in hand and when the stars don themselves in stylish fashion outfits it instantly becomes a hit. So we are here sharing some lesser known fashion facts from Bollywood that is sure to surprise you and might even make you go awestruck.
1. Anushka Sharma wore 20 kg lehenga in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
Did you fall in love with the bridal lehenga that Anushka Sharma wore in the song Channa Mereya? Then you would be surprised to know that the lehenga weighed whopping 20 kg and hats off to Anushka, who had to walk up and down in the 20 kg lehenga.
2. Kareena Kapoor wore 130 dresses by top fashion designers around the world
In the film, Heroine Bebo didn’t only wear the most expensive attire, but even wore close to 130 dresses designed by the top fashion designers around the globe. And yes, she did look stunning in each attire!
3. Deepika wore a 20 kg armor suit in Bajirao Mastani
Deepika Padukone stunned us all with her stellar performance in Bajirao Mastani, but it was worth appreciating that the armor suit that she wore for a fight scene weighed 20 kg and yet she performed the scene like a pro.
4. Varun Dhawan’s unique leather jacket in Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania
If you have seen the film Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania then you would have noticed Varun wearing a sporty leather jacket. The unique thing about the leather jacket is that it had been put together from two different jackets. How cool is that?
5. Madhuri Dixit donned 30 kg lehenga for Kaahe Chhed Mohe in Devdas
How can we forget the ravishing character Chandramukhi from Devdas? Madhuri Dixit did perfect justice to the role and you would be surprised to know that for the song Kaahe Chhed Mohe she wore a 30 kg lehenga designed by Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla and yet she danced gracefully.
6. SRK’s each outfit in Ra. One was worth 4.5 crores
Shocked right? But yes SRK’s each outfit in Ra. One was 4.5 crore and what was more surprising is that there were totally 20 outfits summing up to 90 crores just for the outfit!
7. Deepika Padukone wore 30 kg ghagra in Goliyon ki Raasleela: Ram Leela
Yes, Deepika Padukone has a penchant for a heavy ensemble as for the film Ram Leela she wore Anju Modi lehenga that weighed 30 kg and was 50 meters long.
8. Ileana D’cruz changed 7 dresses for the song Main Rang Sharbaton ka from the film Phata Poster Nikla Hero
Go watch the song and you will realize along with a colorful backdrop, Ileana changes close to 7 dresses.
9. Sonakshi Sinha’s ensemble in the song Radha Nachegi from Tevar cost 75 lakhs
Didn’t she looks like an ethereal goddess in the song Radha Nachegi? Her outfit was priced 75 lakh and the complete song cost whopping 2.5 crores.
10. Aishwarya Rai wore total 400 kg jewelry during entire movie Jodha Akbar
One of the most remarkable movies of all times was Jodha Akbar and it would be fascinating to know that Ash wore 400 kg gold and semi-precious stone jewelry in the film and gosh didn’t she look magical?
11. Kareena Kapoor wore 32 kg lehenga in Ki and Ka song
The sensational song of the year High heels de nache from Ki and Ka sported Bebo wearing 32 kg lehenga designed by Manish Malhotra and did you notice she twisted her leg effortlessly!
12. Vivek Oberoi wore 23 kg outfit in Krrish 3
Did you know that the robotic steel costume that Vivek Oberoi wore in the film Krrish 3 actually weighed 23 kg? Man now that’s too much of weight!
13. Sridevi wore 25 kg costume for Dushman Dil ka from Roop ki Rani
For this, famous song, Sridevi wore designer Neeta Lulla outfit that weighed 25 kg and she has to shoot in this costume for more than 15 days!
14. Sonam Kapoor and her girl squad wore 60 Dior dresses in the film Aisha
We bet you didn’t notice, but go watch Aisha and you will notice that Sonam Kapoor and her squad wore a total of 60 Dior dresses and accessories. After all it was the most stylish film of the year.
15. Abhishek and Rani Mukherjee wore 100 outfits for Bunty and Babli
You would be surprised to know that Abhishek and Rani wore close to 100 outfits in the entire film, after all they were con masters in the film!
Werent these amazing information? Bollywood keeps surprising us with fabulous creativity on fashion front.
- Bollywood Films That Started The Fashion Trends
- Old Fashion Trends That You Still Regret About It
- 6 Fashion Trends that actually hail from Punjab
- Top Clothing Mistakes you never noticed in Bollywood Movies
- 10 Coolest Clothing Items you may not know but exist
- 31 Insanely Useful Fashion Infographics for Women (Part-I)
- 54 Infographics that will make a Man Fashion Expert
Latest posts by Jessika Perkins (see all)
- 51 Types & Names of Socks for Men and Women - May 4, 2021
- 34 Brilliant Jeans Hacks & Tricks to make your life easier - December 6, 2019
- 10 Best Brands for Men’s Thermals to Stay warm when it’s cold out - December 2, 2019