While dressing up, we usually match our jeans with absolutely any footwear in our closet. But did you know that the right shoe holds the potential of either breaking or making your entire look? Today we are going to talk about some common jeans styles and the shoes which can elevate your appearance whether at work or play.
Right Shoes to Wear with Boyfriend Jeans
The cute and sporty boyfriend jeans are currently ruling the street style segment with its relaxed and slightly subversive fit.
- You can lean into the androgynous aesthetic of boyfriend jeans by dressing them down with converse style sneakers while showing a bit of your ankle.
- A pair of strappy sandals can strike the right contrast with the laid-back vibe of boyfriend jeans to get you ready for a weekend dinner with friends or date night with your special someone.
- Styling your boyfriend jeans with a pair of mules can help you rock a 90’s approved look with panache. Getting creative with eye-catching prints, texture and color can help you bag brownie points from the fashion police.
- Channel your adventurous side with the insanely cute cowboy boots which can be tucked into slouchy boyfriend jeans. You can finish the look with a button-down shirt or oversized tee.
- Walk the safe route by pairing baggy jeans with block-heel pumps which tend to play out the proportions pretty well.
- Say ‘Hello Summer’ with the super-cool combination of flatform sandals and boyfriend jeans which can serve as the perfect stage for showing off those cool anklets you have treasured for long.
- Celebrities like Sarah Jessica Parker and Rihanna swear by this chic style of pairing their baggy denims with classic pumps.
- Flat sandals can help you win the minimalist aesthetic game on being worn with slouchy jeans.
- Heeled loafers can add the right amount of jazz to your summer look as you pair it with boyfriend jeans.
Which shoes are best to wear with Skinny Jeans?
This body-conscious denim can serve as the match made in heaven for ladies who wish to ooze out sexuality.
- Pointy-toe high heels can create an illusion of a narrow and elongated silhouette for extending the lean line of your jeans all the way till the tip of toe. The square or round toed high heels can have a thickening effect on your legs. Chunky platform heels are also a strict no-no while dressing up as they look out of proportion with the slim-fit style.
- Add a chic vibe to your daytime style with the comfortable ballet flats. The pointed toe ones can pave the path for a more elongated effect. While the metallic ones are ideal for a more youthful look, you can even match it with the color of your jeans. They look best on tall women and might not serve you well if you fall under the petite segment as they tend to induce a shortening effect. Check what to wear below joggers.
- The high heeled sandals look spectacular on being paired with skinny jeans. While the all-black ones can amplify your bold personality, white heeled sandals are perfect for summer. Neutral hued sandals have a barely-there effect and are ideal for being styled at dates. But you need to stay away from bold colors as they can make your entire appearance look trashy.
- The menswear-inspired leather loafers can help you nail a fashion-forward look while dressing up for corporate events. You can stay comfortable with the slip-on loafers or pump up your fashion quotient with the tuxedo styling inspired patent leather ones with pointy toes. While these shoes are super versatile, they might disrupt your appearance on being worn with white skinny jeans.
- Be it casual or dressy style, booties can help you nail a chic look on being teamed with skinny jeans. You should look for short boots having a pointy toe shape that ensures a snug fit. Stacked-heel and wedge style can also make you look flattering while adding to your height. Ankle boots with wide tops should be avoided which cut off at the ankles.
- Sneakers is another tried and tested style which can freshen up your daily outfits. Wearing basic white sneakers with skinny jeans can make you look effortlessly stylish at your upcoming weekend getaway. You should refrain from styling puffy gym sneakers with skinny jeans.
Perfect Shoes to Wear with Cropped Ankle Length Jeans
Cropped jeans have evolved into an all-season wardrobe staple of fashionable ladies around the globe.
High heel shoes in an array of colors can show off the slimmest part of your legs while elongating your entire appearance. You can easily make a statement during summer by pairing cherry red stilettoes with white cropped ankle jeans.
The colorful gladiator sandals in flat or heeled variants can also get your summer fashion on point. While the black and nude hued ones are classic picks, opting for the brightly colored ones can add more trendiness to your summer look. Petite and curvy ladies can especially benefit out of the gladiator sandals with highest heels as it creates an illusion of longer legs.
If you are not a high-heels person, then colorful flats can jazz up your summertime look. For nailing a high-fashion look you should opt for colorful flats in bright and even neon shades.
Open-toe sandals with high vamp are perfect for summertime as you wear this city-chic combination to date nights and casual hangouts with friends. As your toes remain exposed, it becomes imperative to get a timely pedicure done.
The ankle-length jeans are perfect for showing off those pretty shoes with special detailing which might otherwise be lost under longer hemlines. But if you wish to turn heads with your statement footwear, then it’s always advisable to wear a cropped jeans with sewn hem rather than a rolled up longer jeans.
Work your casual weekend jeans with an androgynous pair of loafers. You can choose either a shiny patent leather number or a matte black shoe depending upon your style vibe for striking the right balance between edgy and relaxed.
The stylish ankle booties are a universally flattering option for creating an illusion of longer legs on being worn with ankle-length jeans.
If you are dressing in jeans with the hemline ending around your ankles, then a nude kitten heel shoe can elevate your look drastically. You can choose between a pointy-toe shapes or opt for special detailing in the form of a metal cap or jewels.
High platform heels can do wonder to your overall look on being worn with shorter jean. This can serve as a safe option for curvy ladies who are not very comfortable wearing stilettoes as it elongates their appearance beautifully.
Best Shoes for Straight Leg Jeans
The USP of straight leg jeans lie in its same leg diameter ranging from the leg opening to the ankle. This timeless classic can keep you basking in comfort all day long while elongating your appearance.
Flat mules look especially cute on being paired with straight-leg jeans as they show off your ankle for a dressier and more feminine feel.
Low heels can impart a flattering balance to your whole look on being styled with straight-leg jeans. This look is a hit amongst mature ladies whether at work or while running errands.
Pairing the rightly cuffed straight-leg jeans with high-top sneakers can serve as your go-to look at all times.
Get ready for the warmer months with a cute pair of sandals that matches your skin tone. This can pave a seamless look with jeans of different shades while conjuring an illusion of longer legs.
Clog sandals can serve as your best bet for adding a few inches to your height without having to deal with the discomfort of walking around with your foot at an angled position like the traditional pumps.
The sheer simplicity of slingback sandals can balance your straight-leg jean’s sturdy texture. For a relaxed look during summer months, you can complete your look with a simple cotton t-shirt and light wash jeans.
Pay ode to the classic American aesthetic with the stellar combo of straight-leg jeans and cowboy boots. This western trend can add a sassy streak to your overall look. But you should let the leather peep out from beneath rather than tucking the jeans into the boot.
Chelsea boots can complement the classic style of straight-leg jeans perfectly. A darker wash jeans is preferred if you wish for a more sophisticated look.
Right and Wrong Shoes for Bootcut Jeans
The slight flare of bootcut jeans should always be paired with shoes that can add some height to your frame.
Pointy ankle boots can elongate your legs and look super cool on being worn with bootcut jeans. For the perfect aesthetic appeal, you need to ensure that the hem of your jeans stays at least an inch above the ground.
Blend in style and comfort by wearing cowboy boots with your bootcut jeans which looks best on petite ladies as it elongates their appearance while balancing out the look of curvier women. While you can style them as per your liking, it is best to tuck in the jeans under your boots.
Clogs look super stylish and feel comfy on your feet. The ones in neutral shades usually go with all outfits but the dark blue ones look especially flattering on being worn with jeans.
Celebrities can often be seen styling sneakers with boot-cut jeans. You can choose between the canvas slip-on variants or the tennis shoes in bright shades for adding the perfect oomph to your look.
What Shoes to Wear with Flare Jeans
This 70’s trend is still raging the fashion scene and you can make the most out of it by teaming it up with the right footwear.
Retain the casual aesthetic of your medium wash flared jeans with platform wedges which can add a few inches to your height for a more streamlined look.
Nail your dream silhouette with the pointed-toe pumps which can create the illusion of longer legs as your eyes travel in a straight line from the knee or waist to the toe.
Add height to your frame in an inconspicuous manner with the platform heels.
You can enhance the sensuality of your ensemble by opting for sultry peep toe heels as your body’s natural curves get accentuated to perfection by the flared denim.
Flared jeans and heeled clogs are a sartorial match made in heaven carrying typical 70’s vibe. Comfortable fit of the clogs can elevate your appearance as you nail the indie look like a pro.
Pointed-toe boots can create an incredible impact on being matched with flared jeans. For the perfect aesthetic oomph, you should coordinate the hue of your boots and the denim.
Wearing Jeans & Shoes According To Occasion
Options become slightly limited while wearing denim to formal events as you have to make do with the skinny fit, cropped ankle and straight leg jeans. But in both cases, it is advisable to stick to dark blue, grey or black hues and without any embellishments. While flats can serve you best at formal scenarios where you might have to be on your feet all day long, you can also go ahead with small block heels or boots for that extra height boost.
You are bound to feel spoilt with countless options as every jeans style can be worn to casual occasions along with a pair of ballet flats or stilettos for that chic look. The type of shoe you select totally depends on the type of denim you are wearing. Sneakers are another go-to option for women to nail athleisure style like a pro.
Denim is that one trend which will always be in vogue. But if your wish to break out of the lethal fashion monotony caused by wearing jeans every day, then you need to spark up your look with the right footwear. Once you choose the right variety of shoe, you can uplift your aura and bring a fresh breeze to your otherwise dull denim blues.
Latest posts by James Smith (see all)
- Inseam Vs Outseam Measurement in Shorts - February 1, 2023
- 5 Jewelry Marketing Ideas To Attract More Customers - January 30, 2023
- Bralette VS Sports Bra – Style & Comfort - December 3, 2022