In the vast world of wristwatches, dive watches can tell time with the utmost precision even at a depth of 300-meters in the ocean. The sturdy design of Dive watches allows them to withstand deep waters and help divers in their nautical expeditions. If you wonder, why are dive watches important? Keeping track of time while diving is important due to limited oxygen, and it also helps divers know about their performance. Ideally, dive watches feature a rotating bezel that makes it easier to keep track of time underwater.
Since deep waters are dark, you’ll not be able to check time in your regular wristwatch. On the other hand, Dive Watches have luminous dials, which means they’re visible to read underwater. Using the dive watch’s bezel is simple. All you need is to grab the bezel and place it in alignment with the watch’s minute hand. And, you’re good to go. Now, as the minute hand moves, the reading on the bezel marks your diving time.
Things You Should Consider While Buying Dive Watches
When it comes to buying dive watches, you must be careful about the following:
- Your new diving watch should be water-resistant for up to 100 meters at least. Water resistance of less than 100 meters won’t be an ideal choice for a diver.
- Check your new dive watch; it must have a bezel to help you track your elapsed or remaining time. To avoid inconvenience, also check if the bezel can be operated with diving gloves or not.
- A good dive watch is typically corrosion-resistant; otherwise, it won’t be able to work properly.
- Its dial must be visible in the dark. Moreover, you should be able to read time at a distance of 25 cm in complete darkness.
Dive watches Under 300$
1. Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Stainless Steel Diver Quartz Men’s Watch
The Eco-Drive Promaster Diver Quartz Men’s Watch by Citizen features a round dial and a unidirectional bezel. The watch runs on light, and no batteries are needed to use it. This dive watch by Citizen works on the Japanese quartz movement, and it is water-resistant up to 200-meters. Moreover, it also has luminous hands and hour markers to help you track time efficiently.
2. Orient Japanese Automatic Stainless Steel Diving Watch
The Orient Men’s ‘Mako II’ Japanese Automatic Stainless Steel Diving Watch runs on the famous Japanese-automatic movement. It has a wide case diameter, measuring 41.5mm without the crown. The watch boasts a unidirectional bezel that also adds to its overall looks. The watch’s sturdy design makes it water-resistant up to 200-meters.
3. Stuhrling Original Stainless Steel Water Resistance Diver Analog Watch
The Pro Diver Men’s Sports Watch by Stuhrling Original comes with a two-year comprehensive international warranty. The watch looks premium, thanks to its stainless steel link bracelet band. The watch’s dial is easy to read as it is equipped with luminescent baton-style hands and indices. Moreover, it works on the Japanese Miyota movement to tell time with precision.
4. Suunto Black Elastometer Outdoor Water Resistant Sports Watch
The SUUNTO Core Outdoor Sports Watch is equipped with a digital display. This watch, unlike regular dive watches, can do a lot more for you. It is packed with an altimeter and a barometer that tells about the wearer’s vertical movement and the trends in the air pressure. Furthermore, it also has a compass, a depth meter, and an alarm.
5. Orient Men’s Japanese Automatic Hand-Winding Stainless Steel 200 Meter Diving Watch
The Men’s Japanese Automatic Hand-Winding Stainless Steel 200 Meter Diving Watch from Orient features a 42mm case. The watch runs on the Japanese automatic movement and has a 120-click bezel. Additionally, it has a day-date indicator at 3 o’clock. Its dial is easy to read in the dark, and the overall build quality of the watch is sturdy.
Dive watches Under 500$
6. Luminox Men’s 3001 Quartz Navy Seal Double-Security Gasket Dive Watch
The Luminox Men’s 3001 Quartz Navy Seal Dive Watch is equipped with a silicone watch band. It is water-resistant to 660 feet, aka 200 meters. On the dial, you will also get a date function. Moreover, its bezel can rotate and is supported by a double security gasket. The watch uses the reliable Swiss quartz movement to tell time.
7. Tissot men’s Seastar 660/1000 Safety and Diver Extension Closure Stainless Steel Casual Watch
Tissot’s Men’s Seastar 1000 makes for an ultimate choice when you’re looking for a reliable diving watch. It has a large 46.50mm case and uses the Swiss quartz movement that increases its credibility. Its classy anti-reflective sapphire dial is attached to a stainless steel bracelet, making it appealing. To maintain its elegant looks, Tissot has added a unidirectional aluminum bezel to it.
8. Seiko Prospex Padi Solar Stainless Steel Scuba Diving Watch
The Prospex Padi Solar SNE435P1 by Seiko is water-resistant for up to 200-meters, and it has a unidirectional rotating bezel. The watch is ideal for scuba diving as it also has Lumi Brite hands and hour markers. The Prospex Padi Solar watch has a 43.50mm case, and its dial also has a date display with a magnifier.
9. Stuhrling Original Swiss Automatic Stainless Steel 200 Meters Water Resistant Dive Watch
The Depthmaster by Stuhrling Original is a masterpiece a diver, swimmer, or a true watch-freak would love to own. The watch is water-resistant up to 200-meters, and its Swiss Automatic Movement ensures it works well underwater. The watch is powered with Automatic self-winding mechanical movement, which means it doesn’t need batteries.
10. Orient Japanese Automatic Hand-Winding JIS Certified 200 Meter Diver’s Watch with Sapphire Crystal
The Neptune Japanese Automatic Diver’s Watch by Orient boasts a one-of-a-kind design that makes it look unique. The watch features a seconds display, and it is water-resistant up to 200 meters. It features a 43.4mm wide case, and its dial looks neat, and you’ll be able to read time effortlessly.
Dive watches under 1000$
11. Seiko Men’s Prospex Stainless Steel Automatic Self Winder Diving Watch with Silicone Strap
The Seiko Men’s Prospex Stainless Steel Automatic Self Winder Diving Watch is packed with a silicone band. It uses the iconic 24-jewel automatic movement. Its minimalist design stands out from the competition due to its fusion with modern technology. Moreover, the Prospex stainless steel automatic watch is water-resistant up to 200-meters.
12. Marathon WW194007 Tsar Swiss Made Military Issue Milspec Diver’s Quartz Watch with Tritium Illumination
The Marathon Tsar Swiss Made Military Issue Milspec Diver’s Quartz Watch is designed to meet US military standards. The watch is water-resistant up to 300-meters. Moreover, its 41mm wide case illuminated with tritium tubes helps track time quickly in the deep sea, making the watch suitable for rescue missions.
13. Victorinox Swiss Army Men’s I.N.O.X. Pro Diver Sports Watch
The Victorinox Swiss Army Men’s I.N.O.X. Pro Diver Watch comes with a buckle closure rubber strap. This watch works on the Swiss quartz movement, and it is water-resistant up to 200-meters. It also has a date display, making the dial look even better. The ISO 6425 certification and wetsuit compatibility makes it even more reliable for divers.
14. Garmin Descent Mk1 Dive Computer with Surface GPS Watch
Garmin Descent Mk1 Diving Watch features a digital display, and its band is made of silicone. This masterpiece is equipped with an axis compass, gyroscope, and Barometric altimeter. Moreover, it also has GPS and GLONASS compatibility. That’s not all; this beauty also has a multisport activity profile and lets you review your performance data.
15. Mido Stainless Steel 200 Meter Resistance Diving Watch
The Mido Ocean Star Captain V diving watch dial is made of sapphire crystal that ensures it stays scratchless. It features a stainless steel watchband, and its dial is 42.5mm wide to make sure you can easily read the time. The watch also has a rotating bezel, and it works on the Swiss movement.
Choosing the Right Brand
Citizen, Suunto, Seiko, Casio, Tissot, Orient, Tudor, Tissot, Rolex, and Delma are the best brands to buy dive watches. All these brands offer unmatched quality and the latest technology in their watches. Moreover, you can rely on their watches for precise time reading underwater. Whatever your budget may be, you can shortlist a few models by any of these brands and buy them without any second thoughts.
You can buy dive watches across budgets, and you’ll have plenty of good options at your disposal. Casio, Citizen, Suunto, Tissot, Orient, etc., also offer some of the cheapest dive watches to buy online.
Latest posts by Rose Frank (see all)
- Different Types of Coats Washing Guide - October 14, 2021
- Deodorant Stick Vs. Spray Vs. Roll-On: Comparison with Pros & Cons - September 28, 2021
- Cheapest Dive Watches to Buy Online - September 6, 2021