Tucking and untucking a shirt might be a simple and negligible thing in fashion, but it surely lets any men confused at least a few of the times. When and why to wear tucked or untucked is a great dilemma you will ever come across while dressing up.
Nothing among tucking and untucking is bad, but they really need to be properly planned for the occasion. Even a minute negligence can make you feel irked at a party or official events. Spending a very little time will definitely enhance the look and also makes you feel utmost comfortable outdoors.
These simple tricks have the power to change your total appearance in just few minutes.
13 Genuine Tricks to Tuck and Untuck a Shirt Like a Pro
1. Thumb Rule to Choose Perfect Length Shirt for Tucking
Keep an eye while buying shirts. Never go for too short or long shirts. Use this thumb rule to help yourself. If your shirt length resides in this perfect length, then it’s all your choice weather to tuck or untuck.
2. Thumb Rule to Find out Ideal Length to Untuck Shirt
Keep your shirt untuck until the hemline of your shirt reaches up to middle of your trouser’s back pocket. You must tuck your shirt if hemline goes below hips.
3. Try distinguishing between the shirts that are made to tuck or untuck
Shirts are made with a little assumption of how the user will use. A few shirts are already made to tuck or untuck.
4. Check how the hemming is done at the bottom edge of a shirt
You just have to check the length and bottom hem of the shirt. A short length and even hemmed shirts are made to be untucked and the uneven hem and long ones should be worn tucked.
5. Untuck shirt Goes well in Casual Look
For a casual outing where you wear T-shirts, sport shirts, polo shirts, tank tops or sleeveless shirts, sweat shirts you must leave them untucked.
6. Wearing these shirts tucked looks amazing for your outfit
There are shirts like undershirts, formal shirts, full sleeved shirts and collar shirts. All these shirts are to be tucked to go better with the outfit.
7. Too short or too long shirts are better to avoid, if the length is too long, it must be tucked in.
8. Shirts with designs on them should be worn untucked to make the entire design visible
Few shirts are made with design, which says all about tucking or untucking. Designs may vary with respect to material, size, shape or pattern of the shirt. Each shirt will depict a user how to wear the same to look appropriate.
9. Wear formal shirt, tucked in for formal events, official parties
Workplace trends always advise to have shirts tucked inside the pant to look more formal and decent.
10. Leave casual shirts untucked for informal events like get together and unofficial parties
Casual outings with friends will be totally different and go casual by untucking your T shirt or casual shirts to look chic.
11. When you wear over coat or waistcoat, wear undershirt tucked
Whether you are wearing a long shirt, T-shirt or undershirt, wear it tucked.
12. Shirts worn under jackets can be worn untucked
13. Long Line Dresses must always be worn untucked
Kurthas and other long lined shirts must leave untucked.
In the current world of fashion anything and everything is acceptable. For parties or official meetings, same dress can be worn in many ways to look different at different place. Nothing should go out of order and appear awkward when it comes to tucking or untucking of your shirt. Follow a few simple rules to go perfect.
Bonus Tip: Always Wear a belt when you tuck a shirt
- Men’s Guide to Perfect Pant Shirt Combination
- An Idiot’s Guide to Tuck, Roll & Cuff Shirts and Jeans Easily
- 11 Collar Types you need to know for Men’s Shirt
Latest posts by Bruno Lee (see all)
- How to Wear a Bow Tie - August 31, 2021
- 10 Best Men’s Hair Styling Products for Thin Hair - August 5, 2021
- 4 Carat Oval Diamond Ring Shape, Pricing and Buying Guide - July 30, 2021