Sunscreen is an essential part of skincare. Whether you’re holidaying in the mountains or planning to hit the beach on the weekend, it’s crucial for you to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
How does a Sunscreen Gel Work to Reduce Sun Damage?
Sunscreens work by blocking or absorbing the sun’s harmful UV rays to keep your skin unharmed. This shield safeguards you against suntan, hyperpigmentation, premature signs of ageing, etc. Gel sunscreen has a lightweight formula that facilitates better absorption and allows them to stay for an extended time. Although, it is adviced to reapply it every two hours for optimum protection. Even when we stay at home or the weather is cloudy outside, you need to apply sunscreen to avoid direct sun damage to the skin. However, you can reduce the frequency of reapplying the sunscreen on your skin when indoors or on a less sunny day.
Benefits of using Sunscreen Gel :
- Lightweight formula – When already under the scorching summer sun, cream-based sunscreens can make you feel sweaty, clogged, and greasy. The best alternative here is switching to gel sunscreens. They have a non-greasy lightweight formula that gets easily absorbed which makes them less likely to leave a white cast.
- UV Protection – There are two UV rays, UVA and UVB rays. UVA rays are primarily associated with long-term skin damage such as wrinkles and, in some cases, the development of skin cancers. While UVB rays affect the uppermost layer of the skin and cause sunburns. A gel sunscreen acts as a shield to prevent any harm caused by UV rays. The easy absorption formula helps in the easy application of sunscreen. You can apply it anytime during the day before stepping out in the sun, and you are good to go.
- Avoid suntan – The surface layer of the skin gets damaged as it comes in direct contact with the sunlight. To prevent the problem of suntan while wandering freely on that sunny day, you can start using sunscreen SPF 50. The gel-based sunscreen will work as a shield on your skin, and SPF 50 will work wonderfully on a bright sunny day and prevent your skin from getting damaged from the harmful UV rays.
- Regulates pigmentation – Sun rays can do more harm to your skin than just sunburns. Yes, extreme sun exposure can damage your skin in several ways, causing skin problems like pigmentation (a skin condition that causes dark patches, dryness, and uneven skin tone), fine lines, and wrinkles. However, using matte sunscreen can prevent your skin from all these problems. If you apply sunscreen every day before stepping out, you are blessing your skin. Sunscreen will help prevent your skin from getting photodamaged from the harmful UV rays and also prevent it from inflammation caused due to extreme exposure to the sunlight.
How to Incorporate a Sunscreen Gel into your Daily Skincare Routine?
A skincare routine is vital for healthy and glowing skin. A basic CTM scheme is something that all skin fanatics follow. One thing that you probably have been missing out on is sunscreen lotion for better skincare. Yes, sunscreen is extremely important for a healthy skincare regime. However, it can be tricky to add one to your daily routine. It would be best to choose sunscreen according to your whole day routine to avoid any inconvenience. If you have extended office hours but are indoors, choose a sunscreen that will not let your makeup shift. If you have long outdoor working hours, cover up all the body parts exposed to the sun.
How to Select a Sunscreen Gel for Maximum Protection?
- SPF is a crucial factor you should consider while choosing a sunscreen. You may need different sunscreen with a higher tolerance for extreme sun exposure, while you can choose a sunscreen with SPF 50 for less sunny days or stay indoors. Remember it is advisable to use sunscreen even when you are staying indoors. On days when you’re stepping out under the sun, opt for SPF 50 gel sunscreen. The Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Vitamin-C MatteGEL Daily Sunscreen SPF 50 is one of the best gel sunscreens available on the market. Infused with Vitamin C and Kakadu plum extracts, it provides broad-spectrum UVA/B protection, brightens, and leaves no white cast
- Always choose skin care products with natural ingredients. Products made with natural ingredients are as effective and are less likely to cause any side effects. When selecting a sunscreen, make sure to choose it according to your skin concerns. Here are a few ingredients that you can look for in your sunscreen to provide natural protection against harmful sun rays.
- Horse Chestnut scientifically known as Aesculus Hippocastanum, is famous for its therapeutic properties. It is rich in antioxidants and helps in neutralising free radicals in the skin. It prevents cell damage caused by free radicals and gives you fresh and glowing skin.
- Vanilla, the scientific name Vanilla Plamifolia is popularly known for its antibacterial properties. Vanilla helps in protecting your skin against any allergy-causing bacteria and prevents redness, dullness, pimples, and acne.
- Kakadu Plum is a powerhouse of Vitamin C that reverses the effect of free radical damage. It also reduces pigmentation caused by excessive sun exposure.
- Invest wisely in choosing sunscreen. Opt for a broad-spectrum sunscreen. It will protect against both UVA &B UVB rays. Regular sunscreens don’t generally protect your skin from UVA rays directly affecting your innermost skin layer dermis. UVA rays are the biggest reason for causing skin cancer. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen MatteGEL Sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++ is a broad-spectrum sunscreen, and it protects against both UVA & UVB rays.
- The wrong sunscreen can ruin your experience forever. Make sure to treat your skin with the best product. Just like your shoulders, don’t put too much weight on your skin. A non-sticky lightweight sunscreen is a blessing. It does not feel heavy on the skin. It is easily absorbent and comes with a matte finish. It will not make your makeup shift, and you won’t feel like you have added an extra layer of makeup to your skin.
How you use Sunscreen Matters:
- With any skincare product, always start with a clean surface. Apply the sunscreen 30 minutes before leaving the house on a clean face and follow up with makeup.
- Once you apply the sunscreen, it stays put for 3-4 hours. It is okay to use it twice when you are staying indoors. If exposed to direct sunlight, remember to reapply the sunscreen every 2-3 hours.
Make your sunscreen your skin’s best friend. A gel sunscreen can work wonders on your skin with the correct application method. Choose the product wisely- Stay protected, stay glowing.
Latest posts by Jennifer Taylor (see all)
- How To Accessorize Handbags With Your Outfits - June 15, 2022
- Choosing the Best Doormats for Outside - May 26, 2022
- Sunscreen Gel: A Nifty, Easy Way To Reduce Sun Damage - April 9, 2022