Construction is one of the most demanding jobs; one needs skills to build and strength to withstand the workload. The job is, at times, physically and mentally draining, and it needs the workers to be ready to taste dirt. Since the job is grueling, one needs a special type of clothing to get it done. One of the must-have pieces of clothing for workers is their work pants. In this guide to construction work pants, we’ll explore what they’re and how to style them. Moreover, we’ll also explore some of the best construction work pants for men.
Originally, denim jeans were meant to be worn as work pants, and workers did so for countless years. However, in recent times, denim jeans got popular as fashionable clothing, their purpose changed. Workers across industries, especially construction workers, still needed something durable to perform their job. The infamous heavier denim jeans and pants became popular amongst workers and later evolved as work pants. To simply put, you can call work pants the ultimate fusion of chinos and jeans.
However, there’s a lot more about construction work pants, and you deserve to know everything in detail to shop smartly. Let’s dive deeper and explore what construction work pants are and why they matter.
What are Construction Work Pants?
The world of work pants is also diverse, and construction work pants are one of its infamous members. In other words, construction work pants are durable and can withstand a fair amount of wear and tear at the worksite. These pants are specially designed for construction workers, but anyone can style them at the end of the day.
Moreover, unlike jeans and regular pants, construction work pants allow workers to keep their tools in multiple pockets. And as a bonus, construction work pants are blessed with lasting longer than jeans and regular pants at the worksite. If you’re wondering why construction work pants matter? Well, they matter due to various safety and ease of working provisions.
Construction work pants allow workers to keep their hands free, thanks to the pant’s multiple pockets. Furthermore, these pants are sturdy, and they won’t tear easily even upon regular contact with concrete, grease, or heavy machinery. On top of that, construction work pants often have double knees to ensure they don’t rip off easily. That means investing in a pair of the best construction work pants will go a long way.
Tips on How to Select the Best Construction Work Pants for Men
When it comes to choosing the best construction work pants for men, one needs to be mindful of the following:
- The fitting of work pants matters a lot, and you must wisely choose the fit that will let you be comfortable and move freely. Rest, it all depends on what you prefer. You can choose from slim, relaxed, and classic fit options.
- Once you have decided the fit, it’s time to choose the fabric of your new construction work pants. Ideally, construction work pants are made of denim, cotton, and canvas.
- If your worksite is cold or you’re working in winters, you may wear men’s denim construction work pants. Similarly, cotton or canvas work pants will be a great pick if your worksite has a high temperature.
- Depending on the nature of your work, choose the fabric’s weight for enhanced durability and ease of working. You may choose from a wide range of heavy-weight construction work pants for men and light-weight construction work pants. The former one weighs up to 14 ounces.
- You may also look for heavy-duty zippers, extra belt loops, and durable seam while choosing the best construction work pants for men.
How to Style Construction Work Pants? An Ultimate Style Guide for Men’s Construction Work Pants
Construction work pants can be styled in a plethora of ways. Moreover, they offer perpetual comfort with unique looks to help you be stylish at work. If done right, construction work pants will make your life easier at work. Keep reading to find out how to style construction work pants like an expert.
- Pick a pair of construction work pants that enhance your style. You can choose from color options like black, khaki, olive green, etc. Moreover, you can also choose the pant’s design like cargo, etc.
- Pair up your construction work pants with a matching jacket, t-shirt, or shirt as per your liking and work requirements. Be mindful about color combinations, don’t match a light shade pant with a light color t-shirt or shirt.
- If your job requires you to wear boots, we don’t recommend you fold your work pants at the hem. If you’re wearing work pants with low-top shoes, you may consider folding them at the hem.
- Don’t overlook the socks, as they can make or break your look. Moreover, if you’re not concerned about your looks at the worksite, that’s okay. However, wearing proper socks will protect your feet from sweat and bacteria.
- Don’t be afraid of stains you got on your pants while working; wear them with pride.
- Avoid wearing sneakers along with work pants at construction sites to avoid injuries. Choose your shoes wisely and be ready to flaunt your professional looks.
10 Best Construction Work Pants for Men to Buy Online
1. Caterpillar Men’s Multi-purpose Tool Pockets Trademark Pant
Caterpillar’s trademark pants top our list of the best construction work pants due to their high quality. These pants are made in the USA, and they feature a couple of front pockets with pull-out oxford tool bags. The pant’s wide leg opening, measuring about 20 inches, ensures ample space for legs, and it also boasts scuff guards. To make the pants last longer, the brand also offers knee pad pockets.
2. Lee® Indigo Denim Pliers Pocket Carpenter Jeans
Men’s Lee Carpenter Jeans is one of the best construction work pants you can adorn to work any day. The jeans feature a loose fit, offering you endless comfort while working. To make these jeans stand out in the crowd, Lee has also added hammer loops and pliers pockets to them. Moreover, its six pockets are a blessing for construction workers.
3. Wrangler Authentics Men’s Classic 5-Pocket Relaxed Fit Construction Work Jeans
Wrangler’s Classic 5-Pocket Relaxed fit cotton jeans also come in special sizes, tagged as standard, Big & Tall. You can be best assured about having a comfortable day at work with these jeans, thanks to their relaxed cut. The cotton denim of the jeans adds to its lifespan, making it fit for heavy-duty jobs.
4. Greg Lauren Black Slim Layered Construction Cargo Pants
Greg Lauren’s black slim cargo pants are a must-have wardrobe essential if you work in construction. These black construction work pants boast four flap pockets. The pants are made using approximately 98% cotton, and the remaining 2% is polyurethane. The black slim cargo pants look stellar, and you won’t regret adding them to your wardrobe.
5. Wrangler Authentics Men’s Premium Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Cargo Pant
The authentic men’s premium relaxed fit straight leg cargo pants by Wrangler are a popular choice for construction workers. The pants come with a zipper closure, and it has about eight packets. Since the pants have pockets of all sizes, construction workers can effortlessly keep their tools in them.
6. Wrangler Riggs Workwear Men’s Relaxed Fit Ranger Construction Work Pant
The wrangler, Riggs workwear men’s ranger pant is designed for utmost comfort and easy movement at the worksite. The pant’s relaxed-fitting makes it appealing to construction workers working long hours a day in and day out. Moreover, these pants come with a hammer loop and plenty of spacious pockets to make work easier for you.
7. Carhartt Men’s Ripstop Multiple utility pockets Cargo Work Pant
Carhartt Men’s Ripstop Cargo Work Pant will help you focus on your work instead of worrying about dropping your tools here and there. Yes, the pants’ spacious pockets can hold almost all your essential tools. Moreover, its Ripstop fabric prevents it from tearing.
8. 5.11 Men’s Construction Work Tactical Pants
The 5.11 Men’s Tactile Pro Tactical Pants will be your best friend at work. These pants come with eight large and small pockets. Moreover, the best part about these construction work pants is that their Teflon-treated fabric will prevent stains. So, if you love to be stylish and comfortable at work, you know what you need to do.
9. Dickies Men’s Relaxed-Fit Carpenter Jean
Dickies Men’s Relaxed-Fit Carpenter Jean offers durability and style on a budget. This jean is equipped with rivets at essential points and also has a heavy-duty brass zipper. Additionally, the jean has two tool pockets and a hammer loop, ensuring you can work freely. The jean’s relaxed fit adds a lot of comfort to it and promotes free movement of the legs.
10. Carhartt Men’s Firm Duck Double-Front Construction Work Dungaree Pant
Men’s Firm Duck Double-Front Work Dungaree Pant B01 by Carhartt is a gem of construction work pants to own. The pants are made in the USA, and it features a clean, elegant look. You can easily wear knee pads with your firm duck double-front work dungaree pant B01 as its pockets can accommodate them. On top of that, the 100% cotton fabric makes it an even better option for construction workers.
Construction work pants offer mobility and durability at the worksite to ensure workers can build with confidence. Moreover, these pants help construction workers match the required safety standards, and the tough fabric keeps the pants intact. You can also choose the best construction work pants for men from our list for a worry-free working experience. Secondly, if you’re looking for distinctive streetwear or casual clothing options, you can also try a pair of construction work pants.
Latest posts by Florina Thomas (see all)
- What to Wear Under Wedding Dress: Undergarments Style Guide - December 6, 2021
- Best Watch Boxes: Buy Wood, Luxury & Personalised Curated Watch Cases - November 29, 2021
- Wedding Superstitions - November 19, 2021