Nothing feels as great as wearing new shoes. However, with time, our new sneakers tend to get dirty with stains. Out of all colors, white shoes get dirty rather quickly. The worst part is that the stains do not come out easily from white shoes. In this article, we’ll discuss how to clean white Nike shoes? Moreover, we’ll also discuss some easy hacks to make sneakers look new again.
Before we dive in to explore the secrets to clean white Nike shoes, ensure that you have removed the shoelaces. Secondly, use a brush to remove the dried-up dirt from the shoe’s surface. Now, let’s get started on our mission to make dirty sneakers look new again. So, keep reading to become an expert sneaker cleaner.
Tips and tricks for clean white shoes
There are a plethora of ways you may use to clean your shoes. However, not all methods can do the job for white shoes or sneakers. So, let’s explore some of the best tried and tested tips to clean white shoes.
Tried and Tested Hacks to Clean Sneakers
1. Use a Toothpaste and Toothbrush to Remove Dirt from Faux Leather Shoes
First off, you’ll need to clean the vamp of your shoes with a toothbrush. It is best advised to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and to avoid hard-bristled ones. Once you have cleaned the vamp, you can also use washing powder and water to make the shoe look brighter.
To ensure stain-free cleaning, avoid using colored and gel-based toothpaste. If you wish to make your soles new-like, rub them with a white cream toothpaste using a toothbrush.
2. Mix Baking Soda and Detergent to Clean Your Fabric Sneakers
Take one portion of baking soda and one and a half portions of detergent and mix them well. Apply the mixture on your shoes using a soft toothbrush and leave them for about half an hour. Later on, wash your shoes in a washing machine. For safety purposes, you may also use a laundry bag.
Bonus tip! If your insoles are stinking with a foul smell, take them out and place them in the open. You may also wash the insoles using water and a toothbrush, and it should remove most of the smell.
3. Make Baking Soda and Vinegar Paste to Get Rid of Stains
Baking soda and vinegar paste can help you clean tough stains from your leather and canvas shoes. Yes! It works. Take one tablespoon of baking soda, two tablespoons of white vinegar. Mix both of them in a cup of water. Now that the paste is ready, take a toothbrush, put the paste you just made, and rub it on stains in circles until they disappear.
4. Use a Magic Eraser to Clean Leather, Rubber, and Plastic Shoes Quickly
If you ever thought about magically cleaning your dirty shoes, the magic eraser does exactly the same. Well, a magic eraser comes with micro-scrubbers that can easily clean dirty shoes. Pour some water on the rubber, and its micro-scrubbers will get ready to do the job. Rub it on stains, and boom! Your sneakers will look new again.
5. Bleach Your Shoes to Take Out Tough Stains from canvas and mesh shoes
Hand washing shoes with bleach can help you put away tough stains. Take a portion of bleach and mix it with four portions of water. Apply bleach on stains using a toothbrush. Scrub in circular motion till the shoe becomes stain-free. For better results, you may also put your bleached shoes under sunlight for a while.
6. Hand wash with Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda
Say bye to stains on your rubber and canvas sneakers. The hydrogen peroxide and baking soda paste can make your shoes look new again. Add one tablespoon baking soda and half tablespoon hydrogen peroxide to warm water and mix well. Apply the paste on dirty shoes with a toothbrush. Let it dry for half an hour, and then wash your shoes.
7. Apply Shampoo to Remove Stains from Fabric Shoes
Take some shampoo or washing detergent along with two medium cups of mild hot water. And, don’t forget the brush. Mix a portion of shampoo with mildly warm water, dip the brush, and rub it on the shoes in circles. Continue till you have foam and you see the dirt fading away. You can clean the insoles using the same method.
8. Rub Micellar Water to Clean Leather, Rubber, and Suede Finishes
Generally, micellar water is used to remove makeup. However, upon experimenting with it to clean shoes, we found that it can be of great help. For those of you who’re looking for quick ways to clean shoes, rubbing micellar water can be your best bet. Pour a few drops of micellar water on a cloth or cotton, rub it over stains, and notice them disappearing.
9. Let’s Nourish Those Sneakers With Spray!
As suede can’t withstand water, you certainly can’t withstand dirty sneakers. Here’s a magical way to clean them and make them look new again. Yes! You can clean mesh shoes having suede in some parts.
Nowadays, the markets offer a variety of waterproof sprays that help in cleaning dirty sneakers. You may use one of these waterproof sprays, aka waterproof dirt removers, to clean your sneakers. Sprinkle it on your shoes and wipe the dirt away using a clean cloth.
10. Cover Yellowish Canvas Shoes with Toilet Paper Immersed in Water
No, we aren’t making this up. This one is simple; you need to tear toilet paper sheets and pour water on them. Once they’re wet, wrap them on your sneakers. Leave your sneakers aside for at least twelve hours and remove the sheets to get new-like sneakers.
11. Apply White Nail Paint to Hide Remove Stains within Seconds
If you’re in a hurry and need to get rid of stains from your white canvas shoe quickly, nail paint can save your life. Take white nail paint and apply one or two coats on the shoe’s surface. Though it won’t remove the stains, white nail paint will hide them perfectly.
Tips to Consider While Washing the Shoes
- White Nike shoes must be washed delicately with utmost care. Prevent using water warmer than 45 degrees centigrade to ensure they maintain their shape.
- If you’re planning to wash your shoes in a washing machine, ensure that you do not put any clothes along with your shoes.
- If your washing machine’s washtub is large, you may add a few towels to prevent your shoes from getting damaged.
- Do not use chemical-based shampoo to clean oil stains from shoes.
- Be careful while cleaning shoes using toothpaste. We recommend you cover delicate leather or suede parts with a cloth.
- Avoid wearing washed shoes if you feel some moisture on the insole.
- If you frequently apply bleach on your shoes, they may lose their color.
- Ensure that you don’t over-expose your washed shoes to the sun.
- Separate your insoles and shoelaces from the shoe, and then put them in a washing machine.
Tips to Consider While Drying Wet Shoes
- The worst thing you may do to your shoes after washing them is to dry them using an air blower or hair dryer.
- Not letting the shoes dry properly and wearing them slightly wet can also damage your shoes and feet.
- Ensure that air can circulate through shoes when they’re drying up.
- Instead of an air blower, you may use a dry cloth or clean paper to make them stable and wearable.
- Do not twist and turn your shoe in your efforts to dry them quickly.
Now, you know how to clean white Nike shoes and some easy hacks to make sneakers look new again. The most significant thing to note is, do not wash shoes with hot water. Moreover, you should not wash sneakers featuring leather or suede tops with water. Share these easy hacks with your friends or family and help them clean their white Nike shoes and sneakers.
Latest posts by Florina Thomas (see all)
- Target Dress Code for Employee (Jeans, Hoodies, Tattoos + More) - March 14, 2023
- How Can You Transform PDF to a PPT file? - December 31, 2022
- 14 Stylish and Cute Outfits For New Moms - December 15, 2022