While some may believe that clothing does make man, some may not. However in reality, proper clothing along with the most ideal attitude is what helps defining a man’s personality. And yes, clothing does matter to a certain extent.
That being said, irrespective of your profession or industry, every man should know about some of the most common and basic clothing tips. To make it easier for men, including those who are more or less fashion addict and even those who largely depend upon their attitude to define style, here is a brief list of the some of the most important easy, adaptable and applicable clothing and style tips.
Without much ado, here are some of the most important style and clothing tips for men.
1. Avoid wearing baggy pants as they can make you look short.
2. Hang your belts instead of coiling to save space and to keep them durable.
3. One finger rule for collars
Maintain that one finger rule when it’s about your collars.
4. Choose small logos
Logos on T-shirts look great. But make sure that they aren’t big enough that can make you look like real walking billboards. Choose T-shirts with small logos and make your attitude bigger.
Recommended Read: 10 Types of T-shirts Men Should Own
5. Long dress shirts to tuck in
If you are a lover of tucking in every dress shirt, make sure that they are long enough for the same. If they aren’t just simply keep them hanging.
6. Binder clips can be expert tie clips
Want to save yourself from an embarrassing moment? Simply use binder clips or paper Clip to keep your tie in place.
7. Before washing, pair your socks and keep them together using a safety pin.
Recommended Read: 12 Basic Rules to wear Socks Perfectly like a Pro
8. Use banana skin for polishing your shoes.Wipe them again with a clean dry cloth. Voila, your shoes just became new.
9. Use shower caps for packing your shoes. No more soles touching your clothes, no scuffed shoes.
Recommended Read: 24 Tricks & Life Hacks for wearing new Footwear
10. Rub chalk on the greased areas of your clothes and wash normally. The cheapest trick to remove grease stains!
Recommended Read: 34 Brilliant Jeans Hacks & Tricks to make your life easier
11. Steal the show and be a conversation starter by wearing bow-ties.
Recommended Read: Rules of Wearing Skinny Ties in Perfect Way for Men
12. To make your socks stay durable, always air dry them. Heat can actually deteriorate their elastics.
13. If you are looking for an accurate fit, make sure to sit down while buttoning your shirt.
Recommended Read: 52 Infographics that will make a Man Fashion Expert
14. Never ever wear pants with more than one fold at its bottom. Multiple folds can make you look outdated.
Recommended Read: 3 Magic Tricks to buy right fit Jeans without trial
15. Get that right sleeves
While stitching, don’t forget that your sleeves should be loose enough to flaunt your watch, yet fit enough to let you roll up them up.
16. Use thick wooden hangers to protect your shirt from deformation. Flimsy ones can actually ruin them.
17. Get rid of ink stains by dissolving them with the help of a sanitizer.
Recommended Read: 15 Clothing and Laundry Tricks to make your work Easy
18. Your hands are your permanent rulers. Remember their measurements.
19. Use twist ties as an alternative to proper cuff links.
Recommended Read: 15 Common Mistakes Men make in wearing Suits
20. Ward off unwanted moisture from shoes by padding them with newspapers.
21. Get used cashmere and tuxedos. They are not only money-savers but are also better.
Recommended Read: A Perfectionist’s Guide to Suit Fitting
22. Air dry not blow dry!
When drying a dress shirt always ensure it to get air dried. Just place your shirt on a hanger and let the natural air do the thing. Avoid applying high heat. It can actually damage your shirt.
23. Belt and suspender! A Big No No!
NEVER combine belt and suspender both. Each of them are meant to hold your pants. So, if you are wearing both of them, it would be like wearing a blazer and a jacket at the same time.
Recommended Read: 8 Fashion Hacks for Men’s Smart Style Statement
24. Want a quick button replacement? Just use a pin instead. And if the pin is a cool one, you just got more points. Yay!
25. Got a stuck zipper? Just rub it with a graphite pencil. Weird it may sound, the graphite actually helps in lubricating the zipper.
Recommended Read: Life Changing Fashion Tricks and Hacks for Women
26. Pack suit jacket easily with minimal wrinkles! Just fold your suit jacket perfectly inside out.
Recommended Read: 15 Types of Nehru Jackets Every Man Should Know about
27. Get the right jackets
Never take jackets for granted. When buying jackets, make sure that they are long enough to reach up your butt at the most, while at least covering half your tush.
28. Get close colours
To don an elegant yet classy subtle look, always choose colours that lie quite close on the colour spectrum. As for example blue and purple. They can produce really great combinations.
29. Look like a man not boy
Young guys, want some attitude in your wardrobe? Just make sure to look or at least appear like a mature man than like a young boy. Bunk your wardrobe with some of the ultra casual stuff. Try look slightly older than your age.
30. Extend the durability of your shirts, trousers and jeans. Don’t wash them instantly after one wear.
31. Pocket squares aren’t meant to exactly match with your ties.
Your pocket square and tie should never ever match completely in terms of color/pattern. Although, the colors should complement each other, wearing matching pocket square & tie is a massive faux pas.
32. Choose the collar that best suits your face shape.
The collar of your shirt must complement your face shape, or else it may just show off your worst features. So, if you’ve a wide face, opt for a narrow collar, if you’ve a medium face, go for a semi-spread collar, and if yours is a thin face then a spread collar would be the perfect pick.
33. Suit Up for your Height
A one-button suit is best suited for those with short height, a two-button suit for average height, and people with tall height must go for a classy three-button suit.
34. Don’t miss that loop
Men often commit this fashion blunder of missing a belt loop when putting on belt. So, please check & assure after you get strapped to avoid happening this to you.
35. Pleated Pants are OK – but only with Subtle Pleats
No doubt, pleated dress pants can be flattering and give a classy look. But too big pleats will only create a baggy appearance, making you look shorter.
36. Never wear a tie bar with a waistcoat
Tie bars or the tie clips are meant to hold the tie is place, and a waistcoat also serves the same purpose. So please don’t create a cluttered mess, and wear one or the other.
37. Wearing sunglasses indoors or at night is not at all cool
Don’t wear sunglasses indoors or at night if you don’t want people to think that you’ve a serious eye problem which you’re hiding.
So, guys these were some of the best clothing tips and hacks for men. If you know more or if you have tried out any of these, don’t forget to comment below.
Latest posts by Charles Brown (see all)
- Where Can I Cash a Third-Party Check? - March 28, 2023
- Check Cashing at Walmart: Cashing Limit, Fees, Hours & Stores Guide - March 21, 2023
- Latest Pregnancy Couple Halloween Costumes Ideas - September 27, 2022